Sunday, May 13, 2012

Dear mama

dear mama,

now that we know each other for quite some time, 20 years to be exact - actually 21 years if you count the 9 months I lived in your womb - I wanted to thank you for all that you did.

Thank you for carrying me around all day,
thank you for carrying for me when I couldn't care for myself.
Thank you for loving me since the beginning.
Thank you for being so patient when all I did was sitting around all day and making you play with me with the same toys over and over again.
Thank you for filming all those snippets of my life as a baby which will be even watched by your future-grandchildren and re-re-rewatched by me.

Thank you for pushing my around in my stroller when I was too lazy to walk.
Thank you for being proud of me ever since.
Thank you for putting me in cute adorable outfits and
thank you for keeping them storing them in our basement.
Thank you for giving me space when I needed it and
thank you for letting me be me when I was pretending to push my imaginery friend on the swing.
Thank you for your decision to become a stay-at-home-mommy until my sister and I were old enough to fully care for our own.
Thank you for loving me the best you can.
Which is really not too difficult for you...

...since you're the best mama one could wish for.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave some love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...