Thursday, April 5, 2012

You is beautiful.

There are a few different things I'd like to talk and for some time I couldn't decide on what I should write about next. There were just way to much thoughts floating around which was the reason I didn't posted anything lately.
I kept procrastinating sorting my thoughts out and writing all out until now.

Here are some thoughts I've been busy shifting around.

About body image.
Body Love.

In my country there's this DOVE commercial where women get interviewed on the street and asked what they most like about their body. Most of them can't even name one when their girlfriends - who are with them - can.
Which means that those women themselves have a hard time recognizing their own beauty but easily can detect what they find appealing on others and are envious about. The commercial ends with the call that it's time for women to see their own beauty.

Another DOVE commercial that really spoke to me was this one.





And I can't tell you how much it hurts to see girls (or even boys) who struggle so much with their body image and with their wish to look like others want them to be. Who struggle with the deep desire of striving to an image that is nowhere near to beauty. Like those poor women (and men) who so urgently do need to rediscover the power they all have over their own body, soul and mind. Who so urgently need to rediscover their immense beauty. 

Just a few days ago I watched a video on youtube of a woman that has yet a long way to go but with the help of family and friends regained her power. And she wanted to share her story because she knew that with this she could help girls. Girls like the one that left a comment on this video saying she'd feel uncomfortable because her mother would push her to loosing weight.The girl herself admits she is rather chubby but never felt uncomfortable with her body. I immidiately felt the need to message her and tell her that:

[...] You can be proud of the fact that in this case you are more clever than your mom ;). I'm sure your mom just wants you to be healthy because she loves you but in my opinion the only person that really knows what your body needs is you. Just carefully listen to your body and WHOLEHEARTEDLY LOVE yourself and I'm a hundred percent sure you will do the right thing. If you need someone to talk to, I'm always there for you. Just send me a message, darling.

I immidiately felt such a desperation because that was all I could do when all I really wanted to do was hug this little girl (14).

And it's true.
The only person that really knows what your body needs is you.
If you really listen carefully to your body you'll recognize what makes him feel good and be thankful about treatments.
Treat him well.
It's the only body you have.
It's a gift.
It's you.
And more than anything else it is immensily beautiful and intelligent.

Here's what I all want you to do.
Leave me a comment or link to your post where you intensely engage into the thought of who beautiful you are. If you don't blog or want to post a comment you can also just take a minute and concentrate on what you love most about yourself. And at the end of this task you'll discover that you are so much more than you would have ever expected.





2 comments:


  1. Really like your blog!
    A wonderful post!

    Have you got an account in instagram?
    If yes, write me your name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sadly I don't have an Iphone.

      Was just checking out your blog - love it.

      Delete

Feel free to leave some love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...