Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas feelings

I'd like to present to you my first attempt of a wassail.
Today was specially windy outside and when I was running errands I figured I might as well grap some oranges at the store to make a wassail to keep us warm.



What you will need.

2 oranges
3 cups of apple juice
3-4 cups of water
2 tea bags of your favourite fruit tea (I prefer a mixture between orange blossom, rose hip and hibiscus)
2 Tsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves

While heating the water squeeze the oranges, pour the fresh juice into a pitcher and add apple juice. You might as well keep the pulp of the oranges because it provides a chewier consistence. When the water starts to boil put the tea bags into the pot and add cloves. Let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes. Sweeten the juice with brown sugar and stir until juice and sugar are dissolved. Add cinnamon. Stir. Pour the hot tea into the pitcher and mix it up. Serve the beverage at a very hot temperature. If you want to heat the wassail again after it cooled down make sure you remove the pulp or otherwise it will taste bitter.
Enjoy with your friends or family and let me know if you liked it.



On another note, I got all my christmas CDs out of storage and I can't stop listening to them on loop. I'm constantly humming the melody to Bing Crosby's christmas songs. Or Bob Dylan's christmas songs.

Not only did these two things - wassail and christmas songs - put me into the Christmas mood but also - since advent and the time around christmas makes us aware of the love for each other and the love God gives us - a video a dear friend of mine posted on facebook a few days ago.

It contains the essence of what I believe should be important to us. Thinking about myself as important to God makes me feel whole. I must admit I was not always so prone to make posts about God. But since I am currently on search for "something" the thoughts about God and the love He provides us with gives me a feeling of being led. And I suppose being led is what brings us to fulfilling dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave some love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...