Thursday, October 11, 2012

RECAPPING SUMMER - my summer job

Note: Sorry this post is pictureless. I just felt that for their safety I didn't want to include any pictures of them. But of course I did take a few. Just imagine sweet munchkins, with a big smile on their face reaching for the camera. Chubby little babies waddling around and basically just being busy putting toys into their mouths.

If you really knew me you would know that if I wasn't a college student, living near my home town, married and already had earned enough money to become a SAHM I'm almost 100 percent sure I would be pregnant right now.

But according to my current situation that's not gonna happen for at least the next 5 years.

So my summer job as a babysitter of one-year old twins and their 4 year old brother was just perfect for me. Even though everyone kept telling me I must be insane to accept such a job offer.

Although I had to work from 2 pm to 8 pm on weekdays, got home at 9 pm, had dinner, a quick chat with my parents, took a shower, checked my mails and went to bed at around midnight and got up again at 9 am - this way I didn't have much time to myself, usually just an hour to enjoy the last sunrays peaking over the hills as I was waiting for the train -

...it was all worth it. The rare times I got to meet my friends over a cup of coffee or just hit the road in the spur-of-the-moment.

I traded those for moments full of laughter - seriousely I had the best laughs - experiencing firsts, packing up some food and just going on a picnic or just simply sitting around watching them be goofballs. I have those moments all locked into my heart.

Their smiles when I saw them standing at the steps to the entrance door and I greeted them from afar. Or their little squeals when I came to pick them up from their nap - let alone those moments I was standing in front of their closed door when I knew from the baby monitor that they were awake and already heard them babbling. They wanted to cuddle and even fell asleep in my arms a few times. When I asked them if they wanted me to put them down they shook their head. To all you moms out there who are reading this - you're one lucky woman. :)

part 1 - on the train home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave some love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...