Saturday, April 30, 2011

Working over old Paintings Part 1

Since one or two years I have had a bunch of things in my room which gathered in one corner, particularly because I told them to. They just didn't convince me. But I also didn't want to throw them away.

A few days ago I suddenly came up with an idea how to solve this problem – no, I didn't throw them away. I just simply found a way how to deal, cope and accept their imperfection. I am talking about paintings. Paintings which I painted in my Senior High School years. Paintings which I found so cruelly disappointing and unsatisfying I did not only told them to hide but to also stand facing the wall. Some of them which were partly/mostly drawn or finished by my teacher. They weren't my paintings. They were hers.

Anyways, here's what I did. After sorting out and throwing four or five away and finding the perfect place for a painting which was originally meant to end up in the garbage can (see below) I discovered I might just work over the other.



I am both excited and curious about the work progress and how it is going to turn out.

Here I present you one of them – already worked over.

Greek inspiration (May, 2009/May, 2011)
Acrylic Paint on Canvas Board 
€ 50,- 

I worked over the tree top which before was just a big green and yellow glob and now has more structure. Also I just let the two tongues of land disappear.

I hope you like it. Let me know what you think and stay tuned for Part 2.

Love,
Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave some love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...